Discover the hidden gems of Shinbashi’s hospitality scene without breaking the bank. This article guides you through the best budget hotels in Shinbashi, Tokyo’s bustling business and entertainment district. Whether you’re a solo traveler, a couple, or a family on vacation, find accommodations that offer both comfort and affordability, all while keeping you close to the action.
|Hotel Name||Brief Summary|
|1899 Tokyo||Japanese tea experience.|
|Candeo Hotels Tokyo Shimbashi||Sky spa available.|
|LOF Shimbashi||Modern, minimalist design.|
|The B Tokyo Shimbashi||Business-friendly amenities.|
|Daiwa Roynet Hotel Shinbashi||Close to public transit.|
|Capsule Anshin Oyado Shinbashi||Capsule-style lodging.|
|Rembrandt Cabin & Spa Shimbashi||Capsule-style spa and sauna included.|
|Sotetsu Fresa Inn Shimbashi-Karasumoriguchi||Convenient location.|
|Wing International Shimbasi Onarimon||Near tourist attractions.|
HOTEL 1899 TOKYO
- Spacious Rooms: The rooms are large by Tokyo standards, offering ample space for guests.
- Tea Theme: Unique tea-themed amenities, including a tea set in the room with daily replenishments of black and green tea and matcha waffles.
- Quality Toiletries: High-quality toiletries are provided.
- Quiet Atmosphere: The hotel is quiet at night, ensuring a peaceful sleep.
- Breakfast Variety: A wide range of continental and cooked items are available for breakfast.
- Friendly Staff: The staff are attentive and kind, even going the extra mile to accommodate early check-ins when possible.
- Location: Situated close to Shimbashi and Ginza, the hotel is within walking distance to shopping, restaurants, and multiple subway lines.
- Value for Money: The hotel offers excellent amenities and services at a reasonable price.
- Hard Beds: Some guests might find the beds to be too hard, although this is subjective.
- Limited Cafe Hours: The cafe is only open to hotel guests during breakfast.
- Check-in Time: Standard check-in time is at 3 pm, which might be inconvenient for some travelers.
Hotel 1899 Tokyo is a hidden gem for budget-minded travelers looking for a blend of comfort, unique experiences, and convenience. The spacious rooms, tea-themed amenities, and quality toiletries elevate the stay beyond the ordinary.
The hotel’s location near Shimbashi and Ginza offers easy access to dining and shopping, while the friendly staff and excellent breakfast options add to the overall experience. All these perks come at an unbelievable value for money, making it a top choice for those visiting Tokyo.
Candeo Hotels Tokyo Shimbashi
- Modern Aesthetic: The hotel has a clean, modern design that many find appealing.
- Friendly Staff: The staff are noted for their friendliness and efficiency.
- Convenient Checkout: A simple card key drop-off system makes checkout quick and easy.
- Efficient Room Service: Room service is prompt and courteous.
- Complimentary Water: Bottled water is replenished during room cleaning.
- Relaxing Spa: The hotel offers a spa that is both aesthetically pleasing and relaxing.
- Laundry Access: Convenient for long stays or hot and humid days.
- Proximity to Shimbashi Station: The hotel is within a 5-minute walk to a major train station, offering easy access to various parts of Tokyo.
- Unexpected Charges: Some guests have reported being charged extra for additional guests upon check-in.
- Room Size: The King-size bed takes up a significant amount of room, making the space feel cramped.
- Lack of Fresh Air: Not all rooms have windows that can be opened.
- Cramped Bathroom: The bathroom space is notably tight.
- Poor Quality Toilet Paper: The toilet paper provided is very thin.
- Slow Elevators: The elevators in the hotel are slow and can be a point of frustration.
- Limited TV Options: Only one international channel is available, and no streaming options are provided.
- Nightlife: The area can be sketchy at night and may not be suitable for families.
The Candeo Hotels Tokyo Shimbashi stands out for its modern aesthetic, friendly staff, and convenient amenities like a relaxing spa and efficient room service. Its proximity to Shimbashi Station makes it an excellent choice for those looking to explore Tokyo.
The complimentary bottled water and easy checkout process add to the overall positive experience, making it a strong contender for travelers seeking both comfort and convenience.
LOF HOTEL Shimbashi
- Centrally located in Tokyo
- Free WiFi throughout the property
- Shared lounge available
- Rooms come with a desk, electric tea pot, fridge, and flat-screen TV
- No mention of a restaurant or breakfast options
LOF HOTEL Shimbashi is a 3-star hotel located in the center of Tokyo, close to Seishoji Temple and Nan-ou Park. Couples rate the location at 8.2. The hotel is 8.7 miles away from Tokyo Haneda Airport.
The B Tokyo Shimbashi
- Friendly and Helpful Staff: The team at The B Tokyo Shimbashi is noted for their friendliness and helpfulness, creating a cozy atmosphere.
- Location: Situated in an area with numerous food and beverage options, the hotel offers a variety of choices for dining out.
- Convenient Transportation: The hotel is within a short walking distance to the subway and train stations. Direct lines to Narita Airport are also available.
- Room Options: The hotel offers both standard twin and superior double rooms, accommodating different needs and group sizes.
- Space Constraints: The standard twin room may feel a bit cramped, especially when accommodating more than two people.
- Initial Difficulty in Locating: Some guests found it tricky to locate the hotel on their first day.
- Dependence on Public Transport: While convenient, any disruptions in public transport services could affect travel plans, as noted by a guest who experienced a train breakdown.
The B Tokyo Shimbashi stands out for its excellent service and prime location, surrounded by a plethora of dining options and close to public transport. While the standard twin room may feel a bit tight for larger groups, the superior double room offers a bit more space for luggage and movement. The staff is consistently friendly and helpful, adding to the overall cozy atmosphere of the hotel. Despite some initial challenges in finding the location and potential disruptions in public transport, the hotel remains a strong contender for those seeking convenience and comfort in Tokyo.
Daiwa Roynet Hotel Shimbashi
- Location: Proximity to tourist attractions, shopping centers, and public transport.
- Amenities: Availability of gym, pool, free Wi-Fi, etc.
- Service: Friendly and helpful staff.
- Cleanliness: Well-maintained rooms and public areas.
- Value for Money: Competitive pricing for the services offered.
- Noise Level: Proximity to busy streets or noisy areas.
- Limited Amenities: Lack of certain facilities like a gym or pool.
- Service: Slow check-in/check-out process.
- Room Size: Smaller than expected rooms.
- Additional Costs: Hidden fees or charges.
The hotel shines in its prime location, making it convenient for both business and leisure travelers. The staff go above and beyond to ensure a comfortable stay, and the amenities are top-notch.
Cleanliness is a priority, and the value for money is excellent, making it a highly recommended choice for anyone visiting the area.
Capsule Anshin Oyado Shinbashi
- Cultural Experience: The hotel offers an authentic Japanese experience, including the use of traditional sandals and bath clothes.
- Cleanliness: The baths and toilets are clean and modern.
- Amenities: The hotel provides a wide range of bath products, including styling products, toothbrushes, and mouthwash.
- Capsule Comfort: The capsules are comfortable and come fully equipped with cables and even a TV.
- Location: The hotel is situated in a convenient location.
- Inefficiency: The process of checking in and out is slow, requiring multiple steps involving locker keys for shoes and luggage.
- Limited English: The staff has limited proficiency in English, which could be a barrier for some travelers.
- Luggage Restrictions: Medium to large luggage must be stored on the first floor, as there is no space in the rooms.
- Public Showers: The only showering area is communal, which may be uncomfortable for those who prefer privacy.
- Breakfast: The onigiri breakfast from a vending machine may not be to everyone’s taste.
Anshin Oyado Shinbashi offers an authentic Japanese experience right in the heart of Tokyo. The hotel excels in cleanliness and provides a range of modern amenities, including a well-equipped capsule room.
While the check-in process may take a bit longer due to cultural practices, the overall experience is enriched by the traditional Japanese elements. Ideal for travelers looking to immerse themselves in local culture, this hotel is a convenient and comfortable choice.
Rembrandt Cabin & Spa Shimbashi
- Prime Location: Situated in Minato, the hotel is within walking distance of major attractions like Tokyo Tower, Tokyo Imperial Palace, and Tokyo Midtown.
- Transport Convenience: Shimbashi Station is just a 4-minute walk away, making it easy to explore the city.
- Nearby Dining Options: Multiple restaurants are within a 1-minute walk, offering a variety of dining choices.
- Close to Airports: Haneda Airport is a 25-minute drive, and Narita International Airport is a 61-minute drive, providing relatively easy access for travelers.
- Multiple Nearby Stations: Apart from Shimbashi Station, other stations like Yurakucho, Tokyo, Uchisaiwaicho, Shiodome, and Toranomon are within walking distance.
- Potential for Noise: Being in a bustling area might mean the hotel is noisy, although this is speculative.
- No Mention of Spa: Despite “Spa” in the name, there’s no information confirming the presence of a spa facility.
Highlighting the Positives: The Rembrandt Cabin and Spa Shimbashi offers an unbeatable location in the heart of Tokyo’s Minato district. With Shimbashi Station just a 4-minute walk away, the hotel serves as an excellent base for exploring iconic landmarks like Tokyo Tower and Tokyo Imperial Palace.
A plethora of dining options are right at your doorstep, and the proximity to both Haneda and Narita airports adds an extra layer of convenience for travelers. Whether you’re in Tokyo for business or leisure, this hotel puts you right where you need to be.
- Excellent Location: Situated near JR Shinbashi station, the hotel offers easy access to various parts of Tokyo via multiple train lines.
- Budget-Friendly: Ideal for budget travelers looking for a cost-effective stay.
- 24/7 Convenience Stores: Lawson, Seven-Eleven, and FamilyMart are within a 2-minute walk.
- Close to Tourist Attractions: Walking distance to Ginza and Tokyo Tower.
- Personalized Service: The owner offers free guiding services and is available in the same building for any assistance.
- Limited Amenities: The hotel doesn’t mention any luxurious amenities or services.
- 8-Minute Walk to Station: Some might find the 8-minute walk to Shinbashi station a bit far.
- No Mention of In-Room Facilities: Lack of details about room amenities could be a concern.
- Manual Check-In: The owner mentions using door passwords, which might not be everyone’s preference.
This hotel is a gem for budget-conscious travelers looking for a convenient and personalized stay in Tokyo. Its prime location near JR Shinbashi station makes it a strategic choice for exploring the city’s iconic landmarks like Ginza and Tokyo Tower. Adding to the allure are nearby 24/7 convenience stores and the owner’s exceptional hospitality, which includes free guiding services. It’s a value-packed option that delivers on both location and service.
Sotetsu Fresa Inn Shimbashi-Karasumoriguchi
- Prime Location: The hotel is just a 5-minute walk from Shimbashi station, making it convenient for travelers.
- Early Check-In: The hotel offers early check-in, which is a rarity in Tokyo.
- Clean and Neat Rooms: The single room was described as neat and clean.
- Quality Toiletries: Good quality toiletries are provided.
- Soundproofing: The rooms are well soundproofed, ensuring a good night’s sleep.
- Efficient Check-Out: The hotel has a self-automated check-out machine that speeds up the process.
- Helpful Staff: Staff are resourceful and do their best to communicate effectively.
- Food Options: Plenty of eateries are available around the hotel.
- Close to High-End Shopping: Ginza is just a 10-minute walk away.
- Limited Space: The single room had limited space, making it difficult to maneuver and store luggage.
- Communication Barrier: While staff are helpful, there may be some communication issues due to language.
The Sotetsu Fresa Inn Shimbashi Karasumoriguchi is a gem for budget-conscious travelers. Its prime location just a 5-minute walk from Shimbashi station makes commuting a breeze, and the early check-in option is a delightful surprise. The rooms are neat, clean, and well soundproofed, ensuring a restful sleep. With a plethora of food options around and high-end shopping at Ginza just a stroll away, this hotel offers a well-rounded experience at a reasonable price. The staff are helpful and the check-out process is swift, making it a highly recommended choice for anyone visiting Shimbashi.
Hotel Wing International Shimbashi Onarimon
- Proximity to Major Stations: The hotel is close to big stations like Shimbashi, Onarimon, Daimon, and Hamamatsucho, making it convenient for travel.
- Customer Service: The front desk seems appreciative and responsive to guest feedback.
- Budget-Friendly: The hotel aims to offer rooms at the best price and includes breakfast.
- Simple Breakfast: The breakfast is described as “a little bit simple,” which may not appeal to those looking for a lavish spread.
Hotel Wing International Shimbashi Onarimon is a budget-friendly choice for travelers looking for convenience and basic amenities. Its strategic location near major train stations like Shimbashi and Onarimon makes it an ideal base for exploring Tokyo.
While the breakfast offerings are simple, the hotel’s focus on customer service and affordability make it a solid choice for budget-conscious travelers.