Exciting news for parents of young children in Tokyo! The world’s first official Sesame Street specialty store, “Sesame Street Market”, is opening on November 30th in the sunshine city area of Tokyo. This new family attraction will feature Sesame Street themed goods, apparel collaborations, a themed café, and even workshops spaces.
Here is a summary for visitors to the Sesame Street Market:
|Sunshine City Specialty Shop Alpa 1st floor, 3-1 Higashiikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo
03-5810-2931 (Cafe Direct)
|– Merchandise shop: Sesame Street plushies, housewares, hand towels, etc.
– Cafe: Character donuts, sundaes, NY-style pizza, etc.
– Workshops (TBA)
|– Meet character mascots
– Take photos with oversized characters/displays
|Good to Know
|– 11/22: Gelato Pique clothing collaboration pre-sale starts
– Can take photos if considerate of others
– Guide dogs allowed; other pets must be in carrier bag
The shop will be split into three sections:
- Merchandise shop featuring popular Sesame Street characters on items ranging from plush toys to stationery to kitchenware.
- Café serving character-themed food and desserts like Elmo winter soup and a Cookie Monster banana split boat.
- Workshop spaces providing fun hands-on activities.
For parents struggling for new ideas to occupy active kids during Tokyo’s chilly winter months or just wanting quality family bonding time, Sesame Street Market promises child-friendly discoveries, joy, and memories for all ages.
The official online store is also launching simultaneously for those who can’t make it in person. With its instantly recognizable and beloved characters, Sesame Street is sure to capture children’s imagination and provide lasting wonder.